Once conferences are full, those dates will no longer appear on the registration website and they will no longer be available due to seating capacity limits and fire safety regulations.Â Each year students request to be forced into conferences to accommodate changes in their personal schedule due to work conflicts, family obligations and travel outside of the country. These types of requests are denied by the NSC Registration Appeals Committee in order to accommodate orientation and registration for more than 11,000 freshmen while ensuring the safety of conference participants.
Appeals to change a conference date are granted for military orders, medical emergencies or other extenuating circumstances that students can substantiate with written documentation.Â Appeals should be addressed to the NSC Registration Appeals Committee using the My QuestionsÂ section on the Applicant Information System (http://applicant.tamu.edu/).
Steps to Change an NSC Registration Date:
- Log on to the Applicant Information System (AIS) at applicant.tamu.edu using your NetID and Password. If you do not have a NetID or if you have forgotten your password, please follow the links on the page.
- After the system has verified your NetID and Password, it will pull up your application information.
- Click the â€śFor More Informationâ€ť link under Step 5 of Your Application Status in AIS.
- When the New Student Conference Registration website appears, click the â€śRescheduleâ€ť link at the bottom of the webpage.Â All available conference dates will appear on the screen.
- Choose a date and select â€śSubmit.â€ť A revised confirmation page will appear with updated information concerning your registration.Â Print this document for your records.Â If the date you desire is not available, check back frequently, as availability is updated inÂ â€śreal time.â€ť
Note:Â As the deadline approaches for NSC registration, space in conferences will be limited.