Students are expected to come to the New Student Conference prepared.
The New Student Conference (NSC) is a two-day orientation program required of all new undergraduate students. In order to accept your offer of admission from Texas A&M, you must register for an NSC.
You will be required to complete many tasks prior to your NSC. Use the¬†checklist below¬†and the links on the left¬†to understand what you need to do before coming to your NSC.
Before your conference:
- Verify your conference date and print out your NSC Confirmation letter
- Provide evidence of vaccination against bacterial meningitis or meet certain criteria for declining the vaccination
- Register any additional family members or guests
- Make plans for parking on campus. Summer Weekly permits are available for purchase online beginning May 1st
- Arrange for overnight accommodations during the conference
- Verify that you meet the Texas Success Initiative requirement or make plans to do so
- Complete the Lab Safety Acknowledgment via the Howdy Portal
- Submit a photo online to have your Aggie Card (student ID) printed and ready for pick-up during your NSC.
- Begin checking your¬†TAMU email account¬†often as additional information will be sent to you prior to your conference
- Know what to expect by checking out the sample NSC Schedules
- Print off a campus map
- Print off a packing list of what to bring
- Follow us on Twitter @NSFPtamu for updates and reminders
- Download the TAMU Mobile App on your smart phone to have access to maps, bus routes, and much more at your fingertips
- If you are an international student, complete the¬†Online Orientation¬†and schedule your¬†New International Student Check-In¬†appointment as required by¬†International Student Services¬†(ISS).