The New Student Conference is a two-day overnight orientation required of all new undergraduate students. Over the course of your NSC you will participate in sessions designed to assist you with your transition from your previous institution to Texas A&M University. Specific objectives of the New Student Conference are to provide:
- Awareness of the University‚Äôs services for housing, on campus dining, financial assistance, academic support and career guidance.
- Information concerning the University‚Äôs academic requirements, policies and procedures — including course selection and registration.
- Information concerning personal safety and security on campus.
- Understanding of the broad range of student activities and leadership opportunities on campus.
- Interactions with current students to discuss expectations and ask questions.