Students are expected to come to the New Student Conference prepared.
The New Student Conference (NSC) is a two-day orientation program required of all new undergraduate students. In order to accept your offer of admission from Texas A&M, you must register for an NSC.
You will be required to complete many tasks prior to your NSC. Check out our short video on What to Expect at Your New Student Conference, and use the¬†checklist below¬†and the links on the left¬†to understand what you need to do before coming to your NSC.
Before your conference:
- Verify your conference date and print out your online NSC Confirmation letter on the Applicant Information System (AIS)
- Provide evidence of vaccination against bacterial meningitis or meet certain criteria for declining the vaccination at least 10 days prior to your NSC
- Register any additional family members or guests¬†to attend the NSC with you
- Make plans¬†for parking on campus.
- Arrange for¬†overnight accommodations¬†during the conference
- Take the Math Placement Exam
- Verify that you meet the Texas Success Initiative requirement or make plans to do so
- Complete the Lab Safety Acknowledgment via the Howdy Portal
- Submit a photo online to have your Aggie Card (student ID) printed and ready for pick-up during your NSC.
- Begin checking your TAMU email account often as additional information will be sent to you prior to your conference.
- Know what to expect by checking out the sample NSC Schedules
- Print a campus map
- Print a packing list of what to bring
- Follow us on Twitter @NSFPtamu for updates and reminders
- Download the TAMU Mobile App on your smart phone to have access to maps, bus routes, and much more at your fingertips
- If you are an international student, complete the Online Orientation and schedule your New International Student Check-In appointment as required by International Student Services (ISS).