New Student & Family Programs and our Aggie Orientation Leaders look forward to seeing you at your New Student Conference. You will need to register online for your New Student Conference by the deadline indicated in your acceptance letter. Please follow the instructions carefully.
Registration Information for Admitted Students:
To register for the New Student Conference, follow the steps below:
Step 1: Review your Letter of Acceptance and corresponding Now That You’re AdmittedÂ guide before selecting your conference date.
Step 2: Register online via the Applicant Information System.
- Log on to the Applicant Information System (AIS) using your NetID and password at howdy.tamu.edu, applicant tab.
- Under the My App Status tab you will see your admission decision.Â If you have been accepted to the university – the My Next Steps button will appear. Click this button.
- In order to accept the admission offer, youÂ must register for a New Student Conference by following the steps shown on the screen.
- Once registration is complete, a confirmation page will appear indicating your conference date and your non-refundable payment information. If you have provided an email address during NSC registration, a confirmation email will be sent to you indicating the date you have selected and your payment status.
- A task list will appear once NSC registration is complete.Â Use this list to help complete the additional steps needed; several must be completed at least a week before your NSC.
- Track your progress online or print the task list, whatever is easier for you.Â You may also view your task list on a smart phone or other electronic device.Â AIS is responsive and can be accessed anywhere!
- Finally, donâ€™t forget to register the family and guests attending the NSC with you.Â You will also need to make NSC overnight accommodations as well.Â You will find helpful links here and on the task list in AIS.
Please pay attention to your NSC Registration Deadlines. Once these dates pass, you may no longer accept your offer of admission or register for an NSC.
If you are unable to login to AIS, please contact Help Central Desk at (979) 845-8300, Monday-Sunday, 24-hours a day.
Note:Â As the deadline approaches for NSC registration, space in conferences will be veryÂ limited. Conference dates are available on a first come, first served basis.
Note for students who are not U.S. Citizens or U.S. Lawful Permanent Residents: All students who are not U.S. Citizens or U.S. Lawful Permanent Residents â€“ regardless of whether you are classified as a resident for tuition purposes by meeting the criteria for HB-1403, SB-1528 or the 36-Month Provision â€“ are considered to be international students at Texas A&M University. New international students must make arrangements to complete the mandatory Online Orientation and attend the mandatory New International Student Check-In coordinated by the International Student Services (ISS) office. To determine how these requirements relate to your attendance at a New Student Conference, please refer to the New Student Conferencesâ€™ Information for International Students webpage. For more information about these requirements, please visit the ISS Orientation & Check-InÂ webpage.
Registration Information for Family Members and Guests:
Texas A&M University believes the college experience represents a collaboration involving the student, the family of the student and the university. Accompanying your student to the New Student Conference will provide you with valuable information that will help you support your studentâ€™s transition into the Texas A&M University community.
One adult (18 and up) family member or guest who wishes to attend an NSC with a student is included in the student registration fee. The family member conference registration includes materials for the conference, four meals, facilities costs and staffing during the conference. The registration charge also includes one parking pass but does NOT include conference housing. The conference charge for additional adult family members beyond the one included family member or guest is $55 in advance. To charge for an additional family member or guest 6-17Â years old is $25 in advance, and there is no charge for children under 5 years old.
Students can register family members for a New Student Conference through the Applicant Information System (AIS) at applicant.tamu.edu. Advance registration closes five days prior to an NSC. On-Site Registration will be available for $60 per adult family member and $30 per child ages 6-17. For questions related to family member registration, please contact New Student & Family Programs at firstname.lastname@example.org or (979) 845-5826.