New Student & Family Programs and our Aggie Orientation Leaders look forward to seeing you at your New Student Conference. You will need to register online for your New Student Conference by the deadline indicated in your acceptance letter. Please follow the instructions carefully.
Registration Information for Admitted Students:
To register for the New Student Conference, follow the steps below:
Step 1:Â Review the Now That Youâ€™re Admitted Guide before selecting your conference date.
- Now That Youâ€™re Admitted Guide for Transfers admitted for the 2018 Spring/Summer/Fall semester [PDF]
Step 2: Register online via the Applicant Information System.
- Log on to the Applicant Information System (AIS) using your NetID and password at applicant.tamu.edu.
- You will see your admission decision upon login to the Applicant Information System.Â If you have been accepted to the university, the My Next Steps button will appear. Click this button.
- In order to accept the admission offer, youÂ must register for a New Student Conference by following the steps shown on the screen.
- Once registration is complete, a confirmation page will appear indicating your conference date and your non-refundable payment information. If you have provided an email address during NSC registration, a confirmation email will be sent to you indicating the date you have selected and your payment status.
- A task list will appear once NSC registration is complete.Â Use this list to help complete the additional steps needed; some you should complete before your NSC and others must be completed before you begin classes.
- Track your progress online or print the task list, whatever is easier for you.Â You may also view your task list on a smart phone or other electronic device.Â AIS is responsive and can be accessed anywhere!
- Finally, donâ€™t forget to register the family and guests attending the NSC with you.Â You will also need to make NSC overnight accommodations as well.Â You will find helpful links here and on the task list in AIS.
Please pay attention to yourÂ NSC Registration Deadlines. Once these dates pass, you may no longer accept your offer of admission or register for an NSC.
If you are unable to login to AIS, please contact Help Central Desk at (979) 845-8300, Monday-Sunday, 24-hours a day.
Note:Â As the deadline approaches for NSC registration, space in conferences will be veryÂ limited. Conference dates are available on a first come, first served basis.
Note for students who are not U.S. Citizens or U.S. Lawful Permanent Residents: All students who are not U.S. Citizens or U.S. Lawful Permanent Residents â€“ regardless of whether you are classified as a resident for tuition purposes by meeting the criteria for HB-1403, SB-1528 or the 36-Month Provision â€“ are considered to be international students at Texas A&M University. New international students must make arrangements to complete the mandatory Online Orientation and attend the mandatory New International Student Check-In coordinated by theÂ International Student ServicesÂ (ISS) office. To determine how these requirements relate to your attendance at a New Student Conference, please refer to the New Student Conferencesâ€™Â Information for International StudentsÂ webpage. For more information about these requirements, please visit the ISSÂ Orientation & Check-InÂ webpage.
Registration Information for Parents & Family Members:
Texas A&M University believes the college experience represents a collaboration involving the student, the family of the student and the university. Accompanying your student to the New Student Conference will provide you with valuable information that will help you support your studentâ€™s transition into the Texas A&M University community.
Each adult (18 and up) family member or guest who wishes to attend the NSC with a studentÂ must register online and payÂ a $25 conference charge. The conference registration charge covers materials for the conference, one lunch, facilities costs and staffing during the conference. The registration charge does NOT include conference parking or housing. The conference charge for family members under 18 years old is $10 and there is no charge for children under 5 years old.
Family members and guest can be registered for the New Student Conference through the Applicant Information System. After the student registers for an NSC, a button labeled “Register Family Members or Guests” will appear in the AIS. Online registration will be available until five business days prior to the conference. On-Site registration will be available for $35 per adult family member; however, we strongly suggest registering online in advance. For more information, please visit the Family & Guest Registration Page.Â For questions related to family member registration, please contact New Student & Family Programs at firstname.lastname@example.org or (979) 845-5826.