Beyond your New Student Conference, there are many opportunities for you to learn more about the history and traditions that encompass the Aggie spirit! Get involved through extended orientation opportunities or join a student organization to find your home in Aggieland.
- Join the Corps: The Corps of Cadets has a purpose to develop well-educated leaders of character who are academically successful, embody the values of Honor, Integrity, Discipline, and Selfless Service, are highly sought after, and are fully prepared for the global leadership challenges of the 21st Century. With Army, Air Force, and Navy/Marine ROTC instruction available, Texas A&M is one of the few schools to offer military commissions in all branches of service. For more information, please visit the Corps of Cadets or call 800-TAMU-AGS.
- Attend Howdy Camp: Howdy Camp is an optional, student-run program offered to all students admitted in the spring semester designed to help you transition into the Aggie family, learn about Texas A&M University‚Äôs many traditions, help you meet new friends, and have a lot of fun! Howdy Camp will be held January 6-8, 2019. This session does conflict with the January 8-9 NSC. For more information and to register, visit Aggie Transition Camps or call 979-862-1785.
- Join a Student Organization: There are so many ways to get involved at Texas A&M. When you arrive in the Spring, MSC Open House on January 20 will give you the opportunity to learn about a variety of different organizations. If you want to get a jump-start on getting involved, head over to Maroon Link and look under the get involved tab. There you can search through the 1,000 plus student organizations that Texas A&M has and find what fits you best!
- Become a Student Representative: The student voice is a strong one, especially at A&M with more than 60,000 students. The best way to make sure your voice is heard is to serve as a student representative. Whether it is representing the entire student body through Student Government, representing your class through Class Councils, or representing the on-campus population through the Residential Housing Association, there are opportunities for the passionate, the political, and the service-minded. For more information, visit Maroon Link.
- Attend an Athletic Event: Texas A&M spring athletic events include Aggie basketball, baseball, softball, indoor track, and tennis. Admission to spring sporting events are sold on a first-come, first-serve general admission basis. To learn more about attending athletic events and the schedule for all teams visit TAMU Athletics.
Spring 2019 events to consider
Howdy Camp | January 6-8, 2019
MSC Open House | January 20, 2019¬†| 1-5pm¬†
Spring Break | March 11-15, 2019¬†
Big Event | March, 30, 2019¬†| starting at 8am
Aggie Muster | April 22, 2019 (The campus Muster ceremony is traditionally held each year on April 21 but will be held on April 22 in 2019)