At Texas A&M University we are proud of our rich military heritage. We also take great pride in our standing as a national leader in service to our students who are veterans, active duty, military dependents and survivors. Texas A&M University is committed to serving well those who have served. Our two offices, the Veteran Resource and Support Center and the Veteran Services Office, have a unique and powerful relationship that is specifically designed to facilitate your transition to our nationally ranked campus so you can achieve your educational and career goals.
The Veteran Resource and Support Center serves the needs of all military-affiliated students and prospective student veterans with uniquely tailored campus and community resources. The Veteran Services Office helps veterans and their eligible dependents maximize their funding at Texas A&M University. The VSO provides services and support for accessing Veteran Administration (VA) and state education benefits. In addition to certifying your benefit eligibility, they can assist with financial aid and scholarship questions. We are here to serve you and connect you to the rest of campus. THANK YOU for your service to our country and we stand ready to serve you as you pursue your education.
Services from both the Veteran Resource and Support Center and the Veteran Services Office:
- A mandatory New Student Conference orientation for student veterans (highly encouraged for military dependents). This orientation session is held during the New Student Conference on the morning of Day 1 from 8:40-9:25 AM,Â prior to the Welcome Session.
- VetCamp (held in August & January each year) â€” An in-depth orientation about campus and community resources (spouses welcome).
- Vet Success on Campus (VSOC) Counselor â€” Your direct connection to the VA. Services
Services from the Veteran Resource and Support Center:
- Academic Support & Student Life Skills through the Aggie Vet Network
- Course Credit for military services, academic resources and military withdrawals
- Military Admissions and Vet Success (VA) on Campus Support
- Relocation/Housing and Disability Services assistance referrals
- Join the Student Veterans Association
- Corps of Cadets Delta Company is only for combat veterans who want to join the Corps.
Services from the Veteran Services Office:
- Federal and state veterans’ education benefits processing
- Scholarship and financial aid advising